Thursday, February 6, 2014

Taco Ring





















My mom was a Pampered Chef consultant growing up, and this was her go to recipe for her shows. It was the first recipe I learned to make, the first meal I cooked for Josh and is still my favorite recipe for special events. I never even thought about putting the recipe on the blog because it is pretty old and I assumed everyone knew it already. I posted this photo on Facebook the other day, and had a lot of people ask for the recipe. So, here it is!






















My favorite thing about this recipe is that it is really customizable. There is really no right or wrong way to make it. If you don't like something, you can take it out and the recipe will still turn out great! I have used salsa instead of taco seasoning, added in different vegetables, and have even seen a buffalo and Italian versions of the ring on Pinterest.

The original recipe uses ground hamburger; however, neither my mom or I use hamburger. We both have a hard time digesting red meat. She usually uses ground chicken. I use ground turkey.

I would love to know how you made it if you try this recipe! This is one of our favorites. Josh requests it for birthdays, company...he would literally eat it everyday if I let him!





No comments:

Post a Comment