Thursday, October 31, 2013

Why I dislike Halloween...

Although I dislike Halloween, I do enjoy making my pets wear cute outfits, so here are my boys in their costumes. Binx is a bumblebee, Nicky is Superman, and Oliver has a shirt that says "This is my costume, do I look scary?"

So why do I dislike Halloween, you may be wondering. I don't necessarily dislike Halloween as a holiday, I dislike what Halloween has become.

Growing up in a Christian home, we were probably one of the few families that celebrated Halloween. We were allowed to dress up and go trick or treating, but we were not allowed to wear any costumes that were satanic or scary. Halloween was fun.

Growing up, I thought the rule was stupid, but now as an adult, I definitely understand. Have you been to a costume store this year? We went a few weeks ago just for something to do, and the costumes were so inappropriate. And not just the adult costumes, the kids costumes too! I don't think little kids should not be allowed to pretend to be murderers or wear costumes with blood and guts all over them or costumes with their stomachs showing...I just don't think it is appropriate. The adult costumes were much worse. What did they say in Mean Girls? Something about Halloween being an opportunity for girls to wear lingerie and animal ears and call it a costume. Whatever happened to modesty?

In the last few years, so much has been taken out of hand. Costumes are much scarier, haunted houses are much more realistic, girls walk around practically naked...I mean kids can't even enjoy getting candy because you have to check it for razor blades before they eat it. That is why I don't like Halloween. It is a holiday that has gotten out of hand. It just isn't fun anymore.

So, anyways, rant is over. I hope that you all have a Happy Halloween. Remember to bring a flashlight and stay safe!

Tomorrow, I will announce next month's theme, and will get back on my Monday, Wednesday, Friday posting. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment