Sunday, March 23, 2014

One Sick Puppy

There is nothing worse than hearing your child scream from across the house...even if that child has four legs and a tail.  And then, it may even be a little worse because they have absolutely no way of telling you what is wrong. 

Little Binx came running into the bedroom last night screaming at the top of his lungs. He jumped up into my arms, shaking.

I had no idea what happened! He wasn't limping, there was no blood, I checked for cuts or bites under his fur...nothing! He wrapped his arms around my neck and held me tight while he shook. 

I ended up taking a long, hot shower with him like we used to do when he was a puppy. He hates water, but the heat seemed to relax him and calm his nerves a bit. 

I'm pretty sure he is just constipated, not that you wanted to know that or anything. Poor baby.

I gave him a little pro-biotic yogurt last night so hopefully he will be able to go potty today. Yogurt is his favorite thing, another thing that dates back to his puppy-hood. I'll probably stop and get some pumpkin for him on the way home, I've read that helps dogs to go the bathroom too.

He tossed and turned all night.  I left him out of the kennel when I left for work this morning so that hopefully he can curl up on the couch and sleep while we are gone. 

I love all my boys equally, but Binx will always have a special place in my heart. He was my first dog as an adult and I have had this little one since he was a teeny tiny four week old puppy.

It is so scary when your pet, or anyone you love for that matter,  is hurt or sick. I hate feeling helpless and I wish I could just take it all away! Poor baby. I am glad he is feeling a little better today. 

He is always so adorable after his baths, so I wanted to write a little post for you so I could share a few of these cute photos of two of my favorite boys!

It is so crazy that animals choose you as much as you choose them. I can't imagine how different my life would be if I had never gotten my boys. It is so hard to explain this to people that don't have pets. My granddad and my mom tell me to "get rid of my livestock" all the time. I don't think my granddad has ever owned a pet in his life, so he just doesn't get how a dog or cat could mean so much to Josh and I. Pets are such a huge part of your life, they really do become your little furry children.

I'll keep you posted on how little one is doing when I get home from work.

As for other news...

This last week was my Spring Break at school. Unfortunately, the one project that I really got caught up on was sleeping! I was able to knock a few other things off of the to do list, but not as many as I had hoped for. Oh well, when your body tells you something, you have to listen...especially when it is telling you that you need sleep!

This week is the start of Birthday Week. My 23rd birthday is next Monday the 31st. Josh and I went out for an early birthday dinner and date night last night at the Cheesecake Factory, courtesy of a gift card from my mom. Thanks mom! After dinner we went mini golfing at this new place called Ohana Mini Golf. It was SO fun! I am horrible at mini golf--any golfing actually--but we had a blast! It is fun to just go out and fool around and be silly. I like doing stuff like that.

Josh and I are both working today, but are planning to check out a new church tonight. So, I will definitely let you know how that goes! Until next time, I hope you have a fabulous Sunday afternoon! And, if you remember to, please send up a little prayer for baby Binx today that he feels better. :] 


No comments:

Post a Comment